Friday, October 2, 2009

3:365 Kitchen Demo

The demo in the kitchen started. As you can see the kitchen is now even uglier than before. I honestly did think that was possible. I have to say though, I like the wall paper. lol I don't want it all over but I think it would be cute to some how save it & frame it. I bet I could get some cute vintage art out of it. Our kitchen will have greens & oranges so I just might try.



You can see on the floor by the pipes the reason we have to gut the kitchen entirely instead of just being able to redo the kitchen. You can see the sub floor that looks more like saw dust. AWFUL. There is also a hole in the wall. A slow leak ruined everything.

The wall needs to come down. All the walls in the kitchen actually. All the floors. Nothing, besides the windows, are staying in the kitchen. Kyle bought a new Fridge yesterday. Got a sick deal at work. The fridge that is in there right now will go into the garage. I debated selling it on Craig's List for like $25 but Kyle wants it for a beer fridge. It will be nice to have it for extra space if we need it. I am sure we will too. We can never have too much freezer space.

We picked out our cabinets, the color we want is AWESOME. We also picked out our counter tops. SO pretty. They are Granite. A pretty black & green. The only thing we haven't really picked out is the black splash. After everything is up I hope to have a better idea of what I want. The other thing is lighting. Kyle hates what I like. We'll see. I am not ruling it out.

The kitchen still has a loooooooooooooong way to go!

It's like the saying goes "Things get worse before they get better." That saying is oh so true for this kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment