Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Adventures of Househood!

After many many months of searching for a new home, seeing countless houses and putting more offers than most people do in a lifetime we FINALLY got one! FINALLY! It has been what seemed an endless struggle. We would fall in love with a home only to get beat out by an investor buying the house with cash. You can't compete with that. I would see myself living there. Imagining the kids playing in the back yard. Only to get my dreams crushed. I can't tell you how heart breaking that is. But finally we snagged our own.

I figured that today would be a good day to start my family blog. I had been throwing around the idea for quite some time & today seemed like the day to do it.

Why?

Well, because today we went to our future home & I saw the "Sold" sign.



SOLD! That is one of the best words I have read in a long time. It finally feels real. I even checked the MSL to see if it was still listed as active. It wasn't. Pending. OMG this is really happening! Everything on our end financially is squared away thankfully! We have a few things that we need to do house before closing. Painting the house & we told the seller we would do a few things inside also. He is a very old man & isn't in the best health so my FIL was kind enough to tell him he would do a few things for him.

1 week & 6 days and the house is officially ours!

Take a look at her now. She won't even look the same after we own her.

The kitchen & bathroom are getting gutted. Every surface of the house will be painted & hopefully the wood floors under the carpet are in good shape. I would love to be able to bring them back to life. I am a sucker for hardwood. Not to mention the basement which is my baby & future studio. I can't tell you how excited that makes me.

Welcome to the Adventures of Househood!

No comments:

Post a Comment