Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Spring, where are you?

Last week, on Tuesday it was close to 70 degrees outside. After my hair appointment in the morning we spent the rest of the day outside. We grilled dinner & had a bonfire that night. It was awesome. I really though that Spring might finally be here. Yesterday it was a high of 44 degrees. Ew. While I was sad it was cold, we played in the backyard & I saw some signs of Spring. I was so excited despite the cold.



I thought for sure things were on the up & up. Nope. Mother Nature has been really emotional lately. Not sure what her deal is, but she really needs to chillax. We woke up this morning to snow. Yes. SNOW! Snow in April. What the heck!!!!!!!!!!! Apparently Hawk & I were the only ones not impressed by the snow. Both kids were excited & so was Kooper. Pretty sure that dog should live where it snows year round. He would love to do nothing but sleep & run around in the snow...and eat the snow too. lol

The kids wanted to go out in the snow, with no jackets. It lasted all of about 30 seconds before they got cold. I tried to warn them that it wasn't warm out, they didn't care. They didn't want to play, Karie said "We just want to walk around & see if for a minute." Um okay. I grabbed my camera & snapped a few pictures of them just to document the snow. Ew. I really hope this is the last snow we see until WINTER!!


According to our local weather man it is going to be 62 & sunny on Sunday. Minnesota seems to always have crazy weather. Keep it warm now lady! We are dying to get outside & play. Plus the kids want to play on their new play house that Kyle is building. He started building it last weekend & of course since it got so cold & now snowed, he can't work on it.

I personally would like to get out there & weed. My gardens need it badly. I also want to plant. I have the itch. I want to get my backyard ready for parties & get together. We have so much planned for the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment