Wednesday, June 15, 2011

It is coming....

Life gets away from you & things like blogs remain untouched for a month! Eek! While I have been busy, I don't have a ton to report on. Just a lot of work actually. Lots of shoots, but that happens when summer comes. The warm weather brings clients...and weddings. I have 3 this weekend! Not only that but Sunday is also Fathers Day AND my birthday.




At 2 years old I had no idea what my life was going to be like. I think at that time I wanted to be an astronaut. lol


I will be 27 on Sunday. Man that sounds so old. I remember as a kid I was looking forward to turning 17. I thought 17 was going to be the best year! I graduated high school when I was 17. While I don't have a ton of great memories from high school I did have an amazing Senior year. I wouldn't say those were the best years of my life, but I did enjoy it. The though of being 27 never crossed my mind then when I turned 17. But, 10 years later it happened. Not quite sure how that happened. Those days of Choir & Cheerleading practice don't really seem that long ago. I am happy with my life at 27. It is different than my young self pictured. As a kid I pictured myself living in Chicago. I loved the city. I still do. I feel like a kid every time I go to Chicago. Not a kid as in I am scared in a big world but like the city is a big dream full of endless possibilities. I wanted to live there & be a set designer for shows & movies. I even went to college for Interior Design. At the end of the day though, I always loved photography & that seemed to fit my life better. So I stuck with that & that is what I have made my life about. As a kid I didn't expect to be married with two kids already. I thought for sure I wouldn't get married until I was 24-25 & have my first kid at 27. Instead I had my first kid at 22 & was married 6 months later. I also didn't expect to meet the love of my life at 19 & have him be 6 years older than me. But, you can't plan life. Life has a plan of it's own.

You know what though? I couldn't be happier where I am now. I have an amazing husband, 2 healthy beautiful kids, 2 crazy dogs & a house that we are slowly making our own. I have a job that I love. I can't even call if a job or a career. It doesn't seem like either. I get to spend my days doing something that I really truly love & I get paid for it. I am lucky. That really doesn't happen very often.

So with open arms, I welcome 27 & all that 27 has to offer. As scared as I am to get older, getting older has brought me all the things in my life that I love and all the things in my life that I wouldn't give up for anything in the world.  

1 comment: